Nothing Gold Can Stay..

Monday, July 20, 2009

After finding and photographing a skin called 'Gold Leaf', I was reminded of a poem I love..

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold

Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.


It's a favorite of mine, and fitting to the picture I guess.. so I felt it was only right to spread the joy. :D
While randomly exploring a sim, I came across a little shop I'd never been to called Tuty's. It has [mainly asian] hairs, skins, shapes and clothes.. and a nice little freebie section too.
Amongst the free stuffs, I found this rather original 'gold leaf' skin - which I immediately felt an urge to make a special shape for and then blog ..so here it is!
Although it comes with it's own shape in the pack (along with 3 makeups in 3 skin tones), I think mine is better. Hehe. :P

..like rich chocolate sprinkled with gold! Yum! :)

Also amongst them, I found these lovely gothic skins. Now I don't usually go for pale skins at all (hell, I don't even go for normal or light tan skins these days!), but after rifling thru the pack of 10 skins (shape also included) I found there was some very nice variations.. and once again felt compelled to make my own shape for them.
Well, being the complete idiot I am sometimes (more then I want to be!), wouldn't you know I SAVED OVER the special shape I made for those gold leaf skins.. and after I'd been planning to give it out as a freebie too! :(

The many faces of a pale beauty.

Sooo.. after cursing a bit and feeling generally annoyed with myself, I decided that because I lost my beloved gold leaf shape.. and so couldn't give it away, I'd give this gothic one as a freebie instead.
Right, so after heading on over to Tuty's to pick up the skin pack(s) and all the other freebie goodness, join 'Give It Away' group (search for it in SL) and look in the past Notices to pick up the shape! Yay! :D

Until next time!

~ Mira

0 comments: